|Land Size||572 m2|
|Building Size||400 m2|
Make an Enquiry
Sale by home owner
M: 1300 841 864
Warehouse living in Old Masonic Hall
The phone enquiry code for this property is – 2130
Situated in the Town center of the oldest inland town in WA, stunningly restored with contemporary warehouse style living upstairs. Only 30 min from the Perth suburbs, with just under 400 sq mtr of floor area, you can escape the city life, live and operate a home business or just turn it all into opulent living space. Built in 1887 for the order of Oddfellows then owned by the Masons until purchased by the present owners and restored.
Restored extensively over nearly 3 years this stone building constructed in 1887 has the following structural improvements –
• Completely rewired including 3 phase power to main building and rear shed plus quality 5 kw solar installation.
• Completely re-plumbed including link to town sewerage.
• All new German double glazing throughout.
• Refurbished stunning circular Jarrah and Origan staircase.
• Roof, gutters and down pipes were replaced a few years ago.
• External stone repointed and window surrounds restored.
• 3 phase reverse cycle air conditioning installed.
• Internal plaster restored and replaced where necessary.
• All floors restored. (Jarrah down stairs and Oregon upstairs)
• Completely repainted inside and out.
• New bathroom installed upstairs.
• New shed/garage at rear, including refurbished toilet block.
• Swann CCTV security system & NBN.
• 572 sq mtre block.
The building was commissioned by the Independent Order of Oddfellows of York and the foundation stoned was laid by Mrs J.R.M. Thompson on 18 May 1887. The York Masonic Lodge No. 5 West Australian Constitution (WAC) had owned the building since 1926. The building has served continuously for the entirety of that time for the purpose for which it was built – as Lodge Rooms and a public hall. As such, some four generations of York families have close links with the building.
The present owners bought the property in 2018 it was baldy neglected due to lack of funds, so has taken some time and funds to restore to its present glory. Full photographic documentation of all structural repairs available.
Although recognised by the York Shire register to be a building of significance to the town this building has never been on the National Trust register and does not fall under their regulations for such listings. Also full conservation reports commissioned by previous owners over the years are available to the new owners.